Imagine how different your life would be if you could really know what other people were thinking in any situation.
Unless you hone into the non-verbal gestures people are giving off, you will never quite know exactly what they are thinking. Whether it’s reading your colleagues in the office, your spouse or kids at the dinner table or even a complete stranger on the street. All too often people fall short of really picking up the true intensions of others as they depend solely on the words that are being spoken. They aren’t equipped with the speed reading skills and behavior pattern identifiers to see these non-verbal signals.
James Daugherty is an intelligence expert & former CIA Spy who specializes in all forms of human behavior. But there’s one skill which is critical to true communication, body language. A spy would be lost without the ability to read these gestures.
However he never realized quite how much his ability to read others whilst working for the FBI & in the field as an American spy would help everyday people in civilian life.
Imagine if you could pick up on the non-verbal signals someone was giving you to effectively know what they were really thinking.
In this insightful and functional book, Daugherty gives readers a firsthand look into the trials & tribulations he dealt with in the field as a CIA operative & no nonsense guide revealing how to:
- Understand the biochemistry behind body language
- Identify the 5 C’s of context for non-verbal communication
- Implement reading strategies and behavioral tactics for the real world
- Pick up on the largely unconscious signals of the lower limbs
- Know what crossing and pointing of the arms/hands are really telling you
- Facial features that hold most weight (hint eyes & mouth)
- Understand the “Pinocchio Principle” when it comes to lying
- Deception detectors in general
… and much more.
An Ex-Spy’s guide to body language is a mixture of theoretical principles combined with real life examples to back up the author’s advice. The clever non-verbal communication tricks described will help you with all of the interactions in life from career, relationships, strangers and everything in between.
List price: $14.34